Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday Fun Day

Actually, Friday's at work haven't been fun for a long time. In fact, most Friday's find my work mate, myself and the PIO just trying to get through the day. Honestly, this week has been really long and I've been looking forward to today more than usual because next week I'm on VACATION!

So, what has happened in the last week?

Last Saturday I did a load of potatoes and then spent the rest of the day and weekend resting.

Sick Day - for some reason I wasn't feeling 100% on Monday morning when I woke up, but then that was partially from spending most of the night coughing and not sleeping. Around breakfast time I wasn't still wasn't feeling great so I decided to take some sick time. With 1040 hours in the bank, I think I can take a sick day. Monday was basically a down day and watching A LOT of stuff on TV. I rented The Biggest Little Farm on Amazon and watch so much Star Trek Voyager. I napped too. 

The rest of the week was rather unremarkable really. My cough was getting to be a bit much the past couple of days, but I'm actually doing much better now. With the days getting shorter there aren't many things to do around the farm. It's getting cooler in the evenings also.

I am looking forward to having a week off though. There are project that I need to do that I would rather do during the daylight hours and not after dinner. Because after dinner is reserved for the turkeys!

Carl is getting so handsome
My plans for the next week - the start pulling up stuff in the garden. I'll probably get the small squash out and let the pigs feast on them. It would be nice to clean things up enough to get the tarp down and help kill off the weeds that have taken over. This will be a fun experiment to see how long it take to smother those weeds! 

The hoop house is ready for planting. There are several things I want to sow, but I'm not sure which greens I want to grow yet. I'll need to remember to water in there otherwise my efforts will be wasted and we won't have any greens this winter.

It's time to process the meaties. My hope is that we'll get that done next Friday or Saturday. It will have to be Saturday no matter what. The decision to get these birds may not have been the best one. Tom picked them up on July 7th and quite honestly I've been getting tired of them. Several of the little roos have started to crow. Most of the time it's entertaining, because they are not good at it and sound like they may have smoked one too many cigarettes - LOL...

Once I get through vacation there will be jsut one more week left in October. Then November will go pretty quick and then December...

THEN RETIREMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment