Sunday, July 1, 2018

June 30- Vacation Day #1

This week's posts will be a diary of sorts so that I will have a record of what happened while I was off work.

  • Transplanted the last of the flower plants - Love Lies Bleeding
  • Reseeded the two rows of flowers that did not germinate - Bachelors Buttons in one row and the Seed Savers Bee Feed Mix
  • Moved the ducklings from the side yard to the backyard 
  • I actually cooked dinner - to a point. There was a three pound pork butt in the last Butcher Box - Carnitas! I found a really good recipe on Pinterest https://www.mykitchenescapades.com/pork-carnitas-recipe/ Check it out, it was pretty easy and I had almost all the ingredients needed.
  • The hens started laying again - I think the broody girls are back in production mode. Friday was an all time low since the winter with three eggs. Yesterday we gathered 7 eggs!
I had intended to make asparagus chowder, but decided that resting would be good as I have been so tired in recent weeks.

Love Lies Bleeding
The row on the left is Bachelors Buttons and the Bee Feed Mix on the left. 
Here are the pigs...just for fun...



No comments:

Post a Comment