Thursday, July 26, 2018

Three Weeks Old

 

This is one of the 25 Freedom Rangers...just look at those feathers coming in. Those legs are HUGE...bigger than I would have expected actually.

This particular little one lets me hold him/her and is perfectly calm while I check them out. Kinda weird as this one is pretty spazzy and I'm pretty sure that this is the one spazzy chick from the brooder. Maybe they are trying to endear themself to me so they won't have to give up their life for the freezer and then eventually the dinner table.

It's too late little one, we have already decided on the ONE that we are keeping for the flock.

Cleo
This one has had a unique look since the very beginning and she continues to stay very different than all of the others. She seems to have a little more mottled coloring on her feathers and overall, she is generally pretty docile. She is developing well and seems very robust.

I guess if we keep her it would be like a token of the first batch of meat birds on our farm.

Here's to hoping that this she is really a she and that her stay with the current flock will be for a long time to come.

Farm Life is the Best Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment