Sunday, November 1, 2020

Friday Update

My posts kinda fell away as I got later into the week during my vacation - mostly because I ended up being busy and a bit tired.

1. The Meaties - Last Saturday we were set up to process the FryPan special Meaties. The only problem was that they were not ready for processing. After the first 8 it became pretty clear that these birds were not ready. So Tom suggested that we quit for the day and he would process them in the weeks to come when they start looking big enough and all that. So our helpers finished up the last two birds and then were off for the rest of the day. 

This was not great news as I really just wanted to be done with the Meaties for the year. Mostly because I'm tired of them - which is pretty ironic as I work full-time and am not at home during the week and only do chores on weekends. Even so, it is costing a lot to keep feeding them for as slow as they are growing.

Until then we'll continue to shovel food into them and hope they don't take too much longer to get big enough to process. 

2. The pullets - we had planned to get the baby Buff Orpingtons and the Blue Sapphire Plymouth Rocks out into the chicken tractor with the turkeys after the big meatie harvest, but there was a change of plans. So we created a space for them in the yard under the cherry tree and they are doing GREAT!

Well my effort to do a Friday update didn't happen this past week so this is it. I will try again next week :)

Bridgette & Victor are now 7 months old!
Retirement can't get here soon enough. It will be a wonder when I get to January and don't have to get up and get ready for work!




No comments:

Post a Comment