Sunday, March 25, 2018

Back To Reality

This is it...last free day before heading back to work. I wish I could say that I'm ready to go back to my job. What I miss is a routine. However, I could totally make my home routine my thing, but just knowing it has to end makes me want to maximize the time I have off and accomplish as much as I can. I imagine that life away from work outside of the home wouldn't be so full of things to do during most of any given day. It just would be nice to not have to make everyday a busy day.

Today after worship, we ran a couple of errands to look for some fittings for the pipe that we are not going to use as bent frames, but as cut pieces to make perfect angles. If I'm honest, I'm glad Tom came up with an alternative. I would have spent the few hours we had left just fretting about getting the bends right and not enjoying the day. The bender was due back at Parkrose by 2pm.

The solution to the problem we ended yesterday with was to cut the stock we had and use the fittings to do the frame of what will be the roof.

The Chicken Tractor as of earlier this afternoon
This is a lot like how we ended vacation week last year...with an unfinished project. It's all good though, we'll work on it in the evenings as long as we don't have anything else going on. 

So, really in the last week we worked on the chicken tractor, I got a bunch of soil blocks made and seeds sowed...sowed some spring greens and bunching onions into one of the garden boxes and hosted some friends for dinner. Also got out to try to get I to a running routine as well. 

The week has been full and I am satisfied in that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment