Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18, Saturday Projects

The rain theme that has been with us all week continued to this morning and we ended up doing our weekend run during what was said to be Sprinkles - it wasn't.

Then later in the morning we ran an errand...


Can you guess where? I chose to sit in the car and wait. When I parked it I didn't realize that we were actually in front of what was once Walgreens. Now that Walgreens is down the street "On the corner of healthy & happy" instead of a strip mall, Ace has moved into their old spot. Which threw Tom off for a moment. Now we are starting to spend a little money on the Chick Mobile project...it's not much, but it's a start.

After returning from running errands I went back into the hoop house to check everything out and move some trays around again. The main reason I did that was to take a peek into the trays to see what was going on. 

While I was out there I found my 2016 calendar and looked to see what I did during this same week a year ago...


First, it occurred to me that my vacation must have been in April and not March since there were all sorts of notes in April. Anyway, March 2017 doesn't look terrible productive because I started so many items at the end of February and had them sitting in our Living Room for a couple of weeks. I do have several things that need to be started NEXT weekend. So yeah, way ahead of the game this year. 

Also decided to take the low tunnel down. I think that the plants are going to survive just a little longer. It was a good experiment, even if I don't get any Flower Sprouts or Purple Broccoli - at least I know that they will survive the winter here. Let's face it, winter in the Pacific NW is more wet than anything. And snow, although not unheard of, doesn't last long when it does happen. This year was a freak year.


So - here are the plants that I grew under the low tunnel - not convinced that I'll get anything (besides Kale). If I do, it will be a welcome surprise and confirmation that we are able to grow through the fall and winter months around here..


More progress has been made to the Chick Mobile! Today the chicken wire was attached to the front corners of the coop, the wire goes from the corner to the door on each side and about the same distance down each side. It looks pretty cool - 


While I was resting Tom took a trip to the home improvement store after finding out that Shurway was closed for the day in search of 1x4 lumber. When he returned I helped with the nesting box frame which was a combination of re-purposed wood from an old deck off the front of our house along with the 1x4. It was kinda fun putting it together, but the best part was the Swivel Bar (which I had no part in). 

Coolest part of the whole coop!

See...the COOLEST part!
Tomorrow is a relatively short day at home for us as we have worship time in the morning and then later in the evening is our Small Group time. Also, I'll be getting ready to go back to work on Monday and will need to get my work clothes washed - ugh. There may not be much action on projects tomorrow :(

It's time to end this for today with a photo of my itty-bitty Marigolds.




No comments:

Post a Comment