Tuesday, March 21, 2017

No progress...

Yesterday was my first day back to work after a glorious week of vacation time or staycation time. I miss being at home and following my own schedules. So, back to adulting I go.  This means that not much happens while I'm at work. Mostly because I want to be a part of the action and to say things like - "HEY! That's my tool you're using!" Because that happened a time or two.


This drill and the electric drill are the only two tools that I'm really comfortable with - actually the electric drill is a little beyond me too...you know anything that you can plug in.

Last night we tried to make the hinges that Tom found work, but then decided that they wouldn't. Maybe we could have tried to do something to make it work. So we took another trip to Parkrose Hardware - 2nd one for the day! 
 
This was an old hinge from one of the kitchen cabinets.

These will work much better and were a little more straight forward than the old hinge.  It would have been nice to not have to spend extra money, but there you have it.

There won't be much progress on a daily basis if I'm going to be a part of the deal. Things will have to wait until after I arrive home from work and after we eat dinner - if we choose to eat dinner first that is. 

A couple of days ago, Tom said that I have enough skill to build something like this on my own or anything with a good plan really. At the time I thought that was crazy talk, but I don't know, maybe it would be possible. If I took my time and really paid attention to the dimensions and measurements etc. I probably could build something. Especially with the YouTubes. It's crazy how much information is out there!! 

Can you picture it? Me being Joanne Liebeler of Hometime? BWAHAHA! She was my favorite on that show...whatever happened to her?

Why am I going down this bunny trail? Well, I might just find myself something to build...like...a...

BROODER BOX!

A little elaborate for a first project, but it would be SO COOL!
A little more straight forward...less angles involved here.
Why would I want a brooder box? Well, sometimes we find oursleves in a place like Wilco. Places like Wilco have chicks. There might be a day that I say I want a dozen...gimme a box! Maybe...maybe not...hard to say.

Okay...back to dreaming about being at home...doing hobby farming...homesteading...gardening stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment