Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Surprise Discount

OMG - so Tom and I were be-bopping around Target yesterday picking up some household items and all.

I'm gonna be honest - the outdoor/garden area at Target is not good. Well, they have a few patio sets, things we see flying off of our property because of the winds that we have at our house...you know, umbrellas, chairs, banners and flags.

ANYWAY...

We start walking down the furthest aisle where they have potting soil, plant food and other gardening related items.

AND they had this...


The only reason why I zeroed in on this is because I already use ecoscraps plant food and I really like it!

Since I've got seeds on my mind and have several trays started - the other thing that I have been looking at is potting soil. Especially since I have been using a soil blocker.


Man - this soil blocker is so great! Once the blocks have been formed all you need to do is drop a seed in the divot and keep moist - could not be easier!

Back to the potting soil...

I was looking at it and the price on the shelf was $2.08 - well, that's an interesting price. Not only that, it was a very low price for a 1 cubic foot bag of the mix. So I peaked around the corner and there  was a price checker not far, but even better...a Target employee. So Tom hefted a bag up and made his way to the lady and she scanned it and sure enough the price should have been $6.99 - after chatting another couple of minutes with her, she called up to the front registers to notify them that we would be checking out with the item and that the $2.08 should be honored since the price on the shelf was incorrect.

SCORE!

So, we loaded a couple of bags into the cart - deciding to NOT be greedy and take advantage of the error (hey, good on us, right?!) Although, I think maybe 3 bags would have been better than the two we went away with. Oh well.

We know finding another surprise deal like that is pretty unlikely...shoulda bought three...

It's time to get our hands dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment