Wednesday, March 8, 2017

This Just In

check out their online catalog at www.johnnyseeds.com 

My order from Johnny's came so fast! The order went in last Thursday and I received them on Monday! I received a notification that they were shipped - then within 24 hours they arrived. I think the notification was a little late.

I love everything about these seed packets. Yeah, I know - they aren't that pretty, but each packet has so much information! See for yourself! Last year I didn't notice that the packets also put the minimum amount of seeds each packet should contain. I have no idea what some  of the stuff means, but hey - that is one information packed seed packet!

This will make planning easy to do. I'll have to get the calendar out and start planning when I want things to go into the ground.

www.uprisingorganics.com

A couple of weeks ago I got my order from Uprising Seeds. As you can see, more plain packaging, and not nearly as much information. I like these because this company is "local."

I have already got some of the tomato seeds into soil blocks and they germinated this week! I'm hopeful that we'll have lovely little tomatoes much earlier than my hoop house tomatoes from last season!

Based on my successful experience with the Johnny's seeds for our Fall/Winter garden, I was more than happy to place another order with them for our Spring/Summer veggies.

I do still use Ed Hume, Burpee and Territorial seeds, they are at pretty much any store you visit. However, placing and order seems more serious for some reason. It's an intentional thing - anyone can pick up seeds from the store. So many seed companies - so little time!

Currently I have a small container of seeds to go through...it's time for a PURGE! The container is full, Full, FULL! This will give me a chance to remember all of the things that we had in past gardens and to also figure out how old the packets are and if those particular seeds were successful.

Until next time...more dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment