Friday, January 12, 2018

The Weekend Agenda

Saturday

1.  Move the Chickens - we do this once a month to keep things fresh for the girls and dudes. I try to keep the set up mostly the same so their isn't too much interruption with the egg layers, but sometimes they just get excited about a new space. Also, since I don't really get to hang out with Lenny & Shelly during the week I'll get to take care of them during the day and let them out to forage and get into their pool now and then throughout the weekend. Yay!!

Their current location
2.  Replenish the layer feed. There is a great warehouse that is around 4 miles from our house and they have reasonable prices and almost everything that we need to grow healthy chickens and other feathered creatures. Once we get the meat chickens and the guinea hogs we'll be stocking up feed from their warehouse. 

3.  Bake Bread. I have finally found a easy bread recipe that I have made a couple of times. It is Easy Egg Bread from the Red Star Yeast website. It's a reason to get my Kitchenaid out and make a little bit of a mess in the kitchen! I think this time I'll make regular loave instead of braiding the dough. I would like bread that is more sandwich bread shaped. This is seriously good...if you ever wanted to make bread try it! We haven't tried french toast yet, but I think it would be fantastic! 
 


4.  Game night at our friend's house. A little fellowship with our core group and hoping for a win...

Sunday

Worship in the morning and then lounging around in the afternoon and then small group in the evening. I love our church family...and I really appreciate our small group people. I couldn't do life with any other people. We are Blessed.

Monday - It's Martin Luther King Jr. day!! Woo hoo!!!

It's Cascade Meadows Farm visit day!! It looks like it will be a wet day, but maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get to tour their farm without getting too wet. We will be ready with a list of questions about American Guinea Hogs! 

I. Cannot. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment