Friday, January 26, 2018

Craigslist Deals

Craigslist...it's fun to check for pretty much anything for sale or trade or free.

Several times a week I look around for a variety of things that might be useful on our farm. Yesterday I hit the jackpot!

Since we are planning for the Guinea Hogs I started looking for things that we possibly could use. Most of the time I look at the free stuff in Clark County. There is a lot of furniture...which I would NEVER bring into my home no matter how new or clean it might look.

Yesterday an ad popped up mid-afternoon with no photos...the text said:

"6x 275gal IBC totes & 1 steel drum" 

WHAT?! I knew exactly what this item was after reading the title...

FREE?! Oh...I jumped on this deal almost immediately, I replied to the ad and by the time I got home, we went from going to pick up two totes this morning to going after I got home from work last night and picking up one tote. Two totes in the bed of the pick-up would have worked, but the drive back home would have been nerve-wracking. Also, 275 gallons is A LOT...and one tote will work fine for the two pigs that we'll be getting at the first of spring.

Before heading out for the day I did a quick search on the Google pants and the same tote from Uline would have been $499 - this was worth the drive to nearly the other side of town. FREE!!

Arriving home last night

This is a thing of beauty!
The tote was used to store mineral oil so we only need to clean it out before using it for our piggies. The only other thing I want to do to it is get a pig waterer nipple and install it. 

With this for a waterer we won't have thirsty pigs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment