Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Let's Grow A Garden!

Okay, so I have a little problem...

I like seeds...

Vegetable seeds, flower seeds, cover crop seeds.

You name it and I probably have got it. Well, not really, but I have a nice variety. Last fall I had intended to start sprouting seeds in trays for chicken fodder, but that hasn't happened. That is a task that I could put on my calendar to do in a couple of weeks maybe. 

Once I get all of that inventory sprouted, I'll be ready to order more from a new place that I learned about via the Great American Farm Tour - Seed Savers Exchange. 

The catalog that I requested a few weeks ago was delivered in the mail yesterday and I am excited! Yeah, I've got a bunch of seeds on my wish list on the website, but this is more fun for me, because I LOVE catalogs! I have already received 9 catalogs so far and there might be another on the way.

I love everything about Seed Savers Exchange though...all heirloom non-hybrid and non-gmo seeds. I have yet to actually sit down and look at the catalog, but I have looked at  a couple of things and it has the history of many (if not all) of the seeds that they have available for purchase.

So, while I thumb through my catalogs, take a look at the video about Seed Savers Exchange...and after you are done with that check out Justin Rhodes YouTube Channel and watch more videos from his epic 2017 tour of the United States!

No comments:

Post a Comment