Thursday, February 22, 2018

Throw Back Thursday - February 18, 2017

The freebies that I got a month ago
Just over a year ago I was looking at seed catalogs and thinking about the things that I wanted to get into the garden that season. Go HERE for that episode :) Last year's garden was a fail on my part, but I'm not going to dwell on that, I'm going back to the basics.

This past Tuesday I placed an order with Seed Savers Exchange and it has shipped! I should be getting a box in the mail tomorrow!! Alright!! So excited - I'm going to go a little more simple and do the things that have worked in the past - I may have tried too many new things last year.

What will be featured in this year's garden? Here are the two collections that I have decided to go with:

The Cut Flower selection:
So, as I was going through the list (as if I didn't realize before) it appears that there are more "new" flower varieties that I have not tried before. I'm not going to let this get to me though, I will succeed this year!

The Beginner Gardener Selection:
All of the vegetables that are coming are not necessarily new. Like I said before going back to the basics. 

And, because I wanted to try at least one other thing got some Good Mother Stallard beans. A couple of years ago I planted a short row of drying beans and they actually grew and I got a few beans. Not enough to do anything with, but they worked! Planning for a bounty of beans to store for winter.

AND as a bonus, orders that were $20+ would also include a Bee Feed Mix for free. I like free!! I have plans for that packet...so many places to choose from. 

I love seed catalog season and ordering seeds to grow special vegetables and flowers!

Today my happy quotient has been filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment