Monday, February 19, 2018

President's Day Snow


Yesterday's weather forecast was for snow. There wasn't much during the day, not enough to cause any problems. However as we were heading home from our mini small group meeting it was starting to snow steadily still not enough to be concerned about. This morning we woke up to a "skiff" of snow on the grass...just enough to change the landscape. I took a look at the 10-day forecast and it appears that there will be several days of snow/rain mix. Swell.

Back to this morning...the chickens had NO interest in "playing" in the snow. The two hooligans, on the other hand...well...if they get a chance to get out of the hen pen, they will gladly take the opportunity. For those two it is business as usual foraging must go on! So, Lenny & Shelly went touring around the yard and had a grand ol' time. When it was time to return to the chickens they (Lenny) happily returned without much coaxing.


Before there were chickens and a duck and a goose, I spent very little time outside. The only time I would go out was when the the weather was decent or at the very least not raining. The only other time I would head out in poor weather would be when we were running more regularly.

Since adding the girls and dudes we spend more time doing outside stuff, almost like we live on a farm of sorts. Most weekends I find all sorts of things to do while letting Lenny & Shelly forage fresh grass.

Now that the days are getting longer again we (I) let the dudes out one last time after I arrive home from work. They like to go into their pools and splash around while Tom and I will chat about the day we each had. As far as the weather goes, I find myself outside even if there is light rain.

These days make me long for this farm life more and more. One day, sooner than later, I hope to be home full-time running our small hobby farm with chickens, ducks, pigs and the Goose of course.


When we add the girl ducklings and the pigs I might have to start camping outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment