Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Partly Cloudy Skies

The days have been pretty decent since the weekend. There really hasn't been rain...maybe just a sprinkling here and there. The typical Pacific Northwest winter weather has been missing in action. The 7 day forecast from a couple of local TV stations. Looks good to me!

 from KGW.com
from  KPTV.com
Sometimes a long range forecast can make a person think funny things. Like scheduling my floating holiday (One of the benefits that I get have at work). So after looking ahead at the forecast (because we know it won't change...) I decided to schedule my floating holiday on the Friday before President's Day. That will be a nice long weekend! It will be nice to have some down time. Sometimes work can get draining and I need to get away from the crazy! Even if the weather does turn, there is always something to do around our farm, so the day will not be lost.

The other thing that I am contemplating is taking a week of vacation time in March. March is pretty quiet at work and I usually take my spring vacation in March or April. With so many things that I want to start and with such great weather lately it's hard to not think about taking a week off from work.

There are a couple of projects that we need to do...hopefully we will finish them during that week. At the very least we'll get the shelter ready for the American Guinea Hogs. I really would like to work on the chicken tractor, but that might not happen. It will be started, I know that.

The shelter I would like to build:


The shelter that is more likely:

I think my vision of this style will look much better.
The chicken tractor that we will build:

This is a John Suscovich chicken tractor
I'll post more about this guy in the next week...but this chicken tractor looks easy to build and it might not take nearly as long as it took to build the Chicken RV which we worked on every single day of my vacation last March. Even then we still didn't get it done!

Here's hoping that the partly cloudy skies last until my vacation in March. That might be a bit much to ask for. So we'll just have to take it one day at a time and enjoy the day and not look too terribly far into the future - but sometimes we just gotta know what the weather might be. 

I am looking forward to longer days though, so partly cloudy skies help out! Especially since the two hoodlums (Lenny & Shelly) get to leave the Hen Pen and forage before the sun goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment