Tuesday, December 6, 2022

December 5, 2022 - Day 8

Foggy Morning on Windswept Farm

Monday is my bank day. So, I spent the morning after doing the critter chores working on the Sunday morning offering and getting a deposit ready to go. My routine is to outline the cash and the different categories that the cash is intended for and then enter checks and then prepare the Offering Report to send out on Tuesday morning. Most weeks are the same and I'm pretty happy with this routine. This makes my Monday morning go smoothly. I also had to make a stop at my former supervisor's house to pick up some critter snacks and then a quick stop at Chuck's for EGGS! 

Yep you read that right, we are now buying eggs. Our hens are not laying! This is the first time in FIVE years...I'm annoyed, but planning for the next year.  In 2023 I'll be adding a half dozen or so of Australorps. They truly have been the best laying hens we have ever had and at this point we don't have any young Aussies. The feed store usually has aussie pullets available as well as Wilco. So you can bet that I'll be heading to Wilco as soon as they have their chicks to see when they'll have a batch in the store. 

I've also decided that December is too gloomy here to do any work outside. Late fall in the Pacific NW is a gloomy affair and the temperatures tend to hover in the mid to upper 40s and into the 50s. While I'm okay with the cooler temperatures, I'm not ready for the cooler weather right now. Also, there are days when the fog will stick around for most of the day. Those days can be depressing. 

Since I spend the majority of my time alone, I'm pretty keen to get the house in order for Christmas and enjoy the decorations until then. We'll see how things go in the next couple of weeks. It is possible that I'll decide to do something farm project related. 

Additionally, I'm planning to NOT volunteer at the food pantry this week or meet my friend there later. After the super busy week I had last week, I'm looking forward to a down week. Relaxing a taking care of indoor projects and maybe even bake later this week. 

We'll see how the week goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment