Thursday, December 8, 2022

December 7, 2022 - Day 10

On the tenth day of the 100 days I found myself driving a lot. Well, more than on an average day. 

First stop of the day was Pioneer feed - about five and a half miles from our house. Then to Harbor Freight for another tarp. Harbor Freight it approximately thirteen miles from Pioneer, if going the back roads. Then my last stop for the morning was WinCo. My first thought was to go to the Hazel Dell Grocery Outlet, but then I thought of a couple of things that made a trip to WinCo the better choice. Harbor Freight to Winco was about six miles. That's a lot more driving than I do on any average outing any other day of the week. An average day for me would be going to the bank or to Freddy's. Both three or less miles from our house. I guess becoming the Farm Manager requires a lot more driving!

After returning home and eating my lunch I got to work replacing the cover on the momma's shelter. Their poor shelter is so janky! Basically pallets (we love a pallet here!) with 1 x 2 pieces of lumber to attach them. The original roof was some old plastic from the big shed that we used as a curtain and some old landscape tarp from a few years ago. All the plastic was just ripped and shredded. We also used some old wavy plastic roofing for the front part of the shelter. It did not look good. This is when I should have taken a before photo, but did not. Here is the end result - 

It's still a little janky, but not as bad. 


This is the original look of the shelter (with our neighbor, Avery) The plastic really was just all over the place!

So, the pigs are all set up. In all honesty, the two girls don't have the best set up. They are basically out in the open with nothing behind their shelter to give it some stability like Big Momma and Big Daddy's shelter. It should work for the season. Just as long as Skinny Momma doesn't keep messing with the tarp in the back of the shelter. She is a stinker.

Good Day All!

No comments:

Post a Comment