Sunday, December 11, 2022

December 10, 2022 - Day 13

The weekend! 

I REALLY look forward to the weekend because I get a break from doing the critter chores. I usually do Saturday morning, but since Friday was so rainy I was over being outside. So I asked for Tom to do the whole weekend :)

The first thing on our agenda was to go to the Battle Ground Wilco store. Tom is wanting a pair of rubber boots and Wilco has a decent selection of boots to choose from. After about a half hour Tom figured out what he wanted. So now I'll have to figure out a time to get out and shop for his Christmas gifts.

Farm project of the day - hauling wood chips to the momma's area. The pigs tend to wreak havoc in their areas. Especially along the fence. Bridgette and Skinny momma must pace more than Rexy & Fiona, their area is terrible! It's just going to get worse, winter hasn't even started! I'm wishing for a less wet winter, but I don't think that will be likely. We have experienced at least three Atmospheric River events in the past couple of months. Not Cool.

My indoor project was baking a loaf of Grocery Store White Bread from Joshua Weissman an unapologetic cookbook...



One of my favorite things is baking bread. It's just so much better than anything we buy at the store. 

Also, made a big ol' pot of chili, another favorite thing to make. I like it because I just do whatever. I get the basics out, but then add this and that to make it a little different every time. That will last us another couple of meals.

I might be retired, but I still look forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment