Thursday, December 29, 2022

December 28, 2022 - Day 27

The weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year's is rough. For me anyway. It occurred to me this morning that I miss having a routine. A good solid routine. 

The problem with the Holiday season with the short weeks and days off for Tom from his new job, my routine gets messed up. I am a creature of habit and I like to do things when they need to be done or when they make sense to me. This holiday season has been a little different because I had to jump into a new routine during National Collection Week. Just when I thought I was doing okay, bam, another three day weekend or whatever. 

So, while I was out doing chores, I was confused as to what day it was...Tuesday? Wednesday? Well, it was Wednesday because it's restock day at the Food Pantry and there were "snacks" for the piggies to be picked up.

During this crazy time with the holidays and the not so typical PNW weather I've been a little out of sorts. I've had some feelings of depression. That might just be my own doing though. I'm also an introvert. If I get asked to do something that is totally outside of the norm (depending on who is asking) then I have to think about it. When I agree I will obsess over the something until it's time to show up or whatever. This has only become a thing in the last couple of years. 

Ever since retiring, I'm pretty happy being at home, only leaving the house if I absolutely have to. Also, For a time, Tom was home most of the time. He had times of doing his handyman services or working. Since I retired his current job is the second engineering position. The first one was a not well thought out position that frustrated him more than anything. In the end the job didn't last long, we were okay with that. While Tom has a solid purpose working for a pretty good company I'm left to figure out what I will do with my days. Apart from the holidays and church related activities. 

The point is - I've been feeling a little lost. So, as we move out of 2022 and into 2023 I am hoping to make a change in my daily routine and add some physical activity - away from the house. Like walking and when I'm feeling stronger, running. Also, I plan to focus my bible reading effort by studying a specific book. The first one being the book of Philippians. I'll be going to a Warren Wiersbe book called Be Joyful. These are two things that I can accomplish in addition to my daily activities around the farm. I'll need to leave time for other activities such as the Food Pantry and other church related events. 

What did my Day 27 look like? Well, not a whole lot, I decided to be a little lazy. Didn't leave the house to do anything until around 3:30. I had a trip to the Food Pantry and then off to the Chiropractor for a 4pm appointment. My chiropractor moved her practice from the Mt. Vista area to Felida which is only a half mile from our church. Anyway, I tend to keep my chiro days a little on the light side so I don't mess up my back more than it already is. 

Since I had my chiro appointment at the time I would feed the animals, they got early dinners! Fortunately, I didn't have too many problems with the hens. They all were hungry and were more than happy to be locked in early. 

The boys (except Zeke) were enjoying the lettuce that I brought home from the Food Pantry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment