Thursday, February 1, 2018

Throwback Thursday - February 1, 2018


Before Tom chewed up the front yard in 2016
Another good size garden space.
Evidently, my February from a year ago was not very interesting...or creative since I have few posts from then. So we are going to jump back to the beginning of this blog...April 2016! My "thinking out loud" post.

I'm still not sure where we are heading with this farm endeavor, but the plan is to add more laying hens as I have all sorts of people who want farm fresh, no funky stuff eggs. With the days steadily getting longer the girls are starting to lay more eggs.

We are also going to add a breeding pair of American Guinea Hogs. To grow meat for ourselves and sell the piglets or offer grown hogs for meat. We'll see - that is an idea in progress. All I know is that I LOVE the American Guinea Hog!


The other thing that is in the works...inviting the neighbors across the street to grow a garden of their own on our property.

Everything is a work in progress. When I get ready to leave my job behind I am hoping that there will be more of a plan to work with and not just ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment