Thursday, May 5, 2016

I Might Have a Problem


I REALLY like seeds. Most of these are vegetable seeds too. It's so easy to just pick up a packet or two of a favorite veggie or one of somethin that is new. Some of these came from my friend Mary - but the majority of them are all me. I figured out that when I am really excited about something, I will look at whatever it is and add to the "collection"

Pretty soon I'll be looking for flower seeds. I'm thinking of doing a cutting garden along with growing veggies. It would be nice to offer up a nice bouquet of flowers to friends and/or neighbors. And also to put in to my make-shift vases (pint sized Twin Brook Creamery bottles).

Once I start moving toward the rototilled garden space I hope to use what is leftover here in the box in addition to the new flower seeds that I will be picking up soon.

Seeds are inexpensive and plants not so much. I will only buy special plants if there are no seeds, tubers, bulbs etc.

The only problem is that with my love of seed packets there is always leftover and if I don't store them in a place that I will remember...there WILL be duplicates. Oh well, it gives me a chance to see just how long seeds will last. I mean, do they go bad? I don't really know.

This bin might get too small after awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment