Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Foto!

It's finally coming together!
In the last week the Groophouse took a giant step backwards - like all of the panels were taken off. Tom decided that MOST of the hot house should be done with clear panels. Okay fair enough, but it was just so discouraging just looking out there to see the hoops and nothing else. So earlier this week more panels were purchased.

It was starting to become very apparent that a friend of ours would not be available to lend a hand so in an effort to be helpful I gave Tom 20 minutes of my morning time yesterday and we were able to get a couple of the upper panels attached so he could at least work on setting the screws to the rest of it. Then after we returned from a late day appointment in Battle Ground after work yesterday we got dinner going pretty quick and tried to get out before it started raining again. At the end of yesterday I think there was only one more panel attached. By that time my hands were freezing and the rain was more steady. It was time to stop.

Now this morning - 24 hours later and almost professional doing this panel attaching routine I had a few extra minutes to offer up before needing to get on with my day and we were able to get a total of 4 panels installed which made it more "water proof." what's left now would be the bottom of each side.

This project has been in progress since last August. I have crazy ideas a lot of the time and Tom tries his best to indulge the crazy. Well, a lot of the ideas are not toally crazy, but I do think that all of the more recent projects have been my idea which required a lot of work on Tom's part. There have been a few changes in the design, but nothing terribly major. It's nice to see that this might actually be done before we can say we have been working on it for a year!

I am lucky to have a husband who is handy and loves me enough to go with the crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment