Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My Latest Obsession

shishito pepper
Seriously, I have been a little obsessed with this little thing call a Shishito pepper. I follow Gimme Some Oven and last year the author posted about these delectable little dudes by sharing THIS recipe. Since then I thought that if we made it out to Trader Joe's I should look for a package of Shishitos. However, we are almost never in the neighborhood of Trader Joe's which is across town, so it never happened. A few weeks ago I spotted them at Chuck's Produce FRESH! Once I laid eyes on them I decided to get some and finally try that recipe out. Which is great and all, but as soon as we got them home they got "lost" in the fridge and were promptly forgotten. A couple of weeks later I pulled the bag out and they were very sad and very inedible. I hadn't thought about them much since tossing the peppers into the compost.

This past weekend I decided to go and browse around Wilco and Chapman's Nursery. Which were fun and all, but the BEST thing happened after Tom and I went for coffee. I mentioned that I wanted to go and check out the veggie plants at Freddy's - knowing that I wanted to find Shishito pepper plants. I didn't see anything the first time through the peppers, but then BOOM...out of no where they were right in front of me!

I was so excited - so much that I declared that I wanted to buy all of the plants. There were maybe 7 or 8 total - Tom gave me a look. So I settled on three.

As a bonus I got some more peppers at Chuck's yesterday evening. They will not be going bad this time...

(photo credit Gimme Some Oven)






No comments:

Post a Comment