Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Arugula

Until a few years ago I had never had arugula before. It may have been part of a green salad that I ordered at a restaurant or eaten at a friend's house, but I never specifically went looking to add arugula to my diet.

One year I decided to sow some in one of the garden boxes and within a few weeks I had arugula coming out of my ears! I didn't realize how prolific it could be! It's a good thing that we took a liking to this leafy green because it would have gone to waste. Boo.

this was taken about 10 days ago
One of the first recipes that I came across that included this tasty green was a Prosciutto and Fig Spread Sandwich. Two words: OH. MY. It was so good! Yet, we haven't made it since then...we'll have to fix that mistake somehow.

Just looking at this makes me hungry!
(photo credit: MarthaStewart.com)
I subscribe to a food writer's blog and in today's post was an Arugula Salad recipe that is made up of simple ingredients that most people would have in their kitchen. Go HERE to see the recipe.

It helps to have nice photos of pretty food. I would make this!
(photo credit: Gimme Some Oven)
Doesn't it look good? Arugula, fresh lemon juice, parmesan cheese, olive oil and fresh cracked pepper. Super simple! This will have to make it onto one of our weekly menus...and more than once!

The arugula that I planted this year is a little different that what is shown in the recipe pic above, but we have tons of it! If we love this salad as much as the blog author does I'll have to grow more arugula this summer!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment