Tuesday, January 17, 2023

January 13, 2023 - Day 43

Today started off with a walk. As some point I hope that I am getting out early to walk at least 3 days during the week and once on the weekend. That's all I can manage right now given that my sleep habit is really messed up and I don't get as much sleep as I would like (or need). My other goal is to start running again, just a little bit. Maybe work up to a 5k distance again. We'll see...my mind is willing, but my body says slow down lady...why are you thinking about running again?!

This morning after dealing with the critters I got some blackberry whacking in again. This time I moved over to the old barn foundation. It's been overrun by blackberry vines for a few years. It's time to do something about them and try to reclaim the foundation. I started to whack the blackberry vines back during late summer last year - while little Zeke and his sisters were small enough to go underneath that mess and find fallen berries. 

Before
After
It's hard to tell the difference of the work that I got in this morning. It was nice to work on something different, but not far from the big shed. 

I would like to repurpose this area into some sort of animal area. I'm not sure yet. It has been so long since I last saw what this area looks like without the brambles, so I'll dream once I can get the canes all cleared out. Also, I'll need to find a way to keep the blackberries under control. 

The rest of today will consist of picking up my Azure Standard order. This will consist of 25 pound bags of grain ingredients for my DIY Chicken Feed. Probably should make a trip to the grocery store too. I haven't cooked much this week, but I am out of fruit and we need some milk. Maybe next week I'll get into the kitchen and bake some bread. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment