Tuesday, January 3, 2023

December 31 & January 1, 2022 - Day 30 & Day 31

We have some catching up to do here! Happy New Year! 

It's 2023 - wow 2022 went fast...for me anyway. The last year was a bit challenging, but at the end of the year we are back to a regular income flow and able to dream a little more about what we need to do and want to do here on the farm. 

So, the weekend...honestly, I don't remember what we did this past weekend. Oh, well the first was on Sunday so church was on the agenda. Then afterwards we were off to Harbor Freight to get yet another tarp for the momma's shelter. I hadn't really looked at it in the past week, but it was almost non-existent. Not sure who was the culprit with tearing it apart - I'm guessing Little Momma. 

Anyway - here's the after photo since I didn't take a photo of before....

I decided to get a bit larger tarp so that there would be a fair amount of overhang so that she (skinny momma) would have a little "privacy." She totally loves it and is a "single girl" now. We decided to move Fiona out of the "breeding paddock" and moved Little Momma in with Rexy. 

Fiona is enjoying her freedom and being the boss that she is and was not allowed to dominate with Rexy. The four boys each took their turns acquainting themselves with Fiona (sniffing girl part) and then immediately being reprimanded for even trying to be interested. I think now, a couple of days later, they have all settled down and are co-mingling fairly well now. 

So yeah, that was Sunday afternoon. Yesterday was all about trying to get Christmas put away and relaxing in the afternoon. The living room isn't back to normal yet, but then I will be putting my sewing machine and other sewing related storage into the part of the living room that is closest to the Dining area. I was able to get the couch and easy chairs in place. So at some point the rest will fall into place. Photos will come after I'm done rearranging. 

OH! I did start my new project for 2023 - a crocheted Temperature Blanket. 


Crochet is not my thing, I have tried to do some crochet projects - but never got far. I thought that I might try making hats for OCC, but I didn't understand how to get a hat started. Also, I am very proficient with the Single Crochet stitch! That's about it. So far, so good...I'm on track. For now. 

Here's to a new year and new possibilities. I think my #1 goal is to be intentional. I spend too much time not being around other people. In all honesty, I like to be home alone. However, with the retirement of my other longtime friend we have enjoyed connecting a little bit. I like it, I want to keep that up. So we'll be planning coffee dates with our other friend and truly connect with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment