Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Dreams Do Come True!

I know...it's been a little while since I was here last...I've been enjoying what we have been blessed with!

The idea to transform our property into a small farm was probably most definitley my idea. I usually have some sort of crazy idea brewing in my head. It doesn't help that I watch homesteader videos and think that we can do some of the things that "those" people are doing!

Having pigs was my dream (so I am told). Before we made the trip out to Cascade Meadows Farm I had envisioned where I wanted the pigs to be eventually. Underneath these pear trees. They are old and fairly ugly. The tree on the left actually had blackberry canes growing around it and up into the tree. It was a MESS!

This is from January 14.
Ever since that visit I had been anxious to get our piggies home, but first we had to prepare the space for them and get some basic supplies. Figure out how to house them etc. Most of all I just needed to be patient and wait.

Now that they are home we have had such a fun first month with them and have been acquainting ourselves with their personalities. They are really sweet and are so affectionate. They like most people that come to visit and they REALLY like seeing us coming toward the paddock. We are, afterall, the chuck wagon!
The Kids Waiting Patiently

It may seem like Rex is being frisky with Fiona in a rather familiar way, but I think he was just goofing around - especially when he head-butted her back end! She is fairly tolerant of the little dude, I hope that when it comes to breeding that they will be successful!

These two bring so much joy to my heart (especially after losing our Mr. Decaf a couple of weeks ago)...our farm really is complete with them. The space they are in right now is now complete and they now have a couple of trees to rest under when the summer heat arrives.

These are just a sample of the things Fiona and Rex do while we are out with them.

Really Rex? You couldn't walk another 5 feet to the pool?
Rex seems to be napping everytime I turn around!


I'm not kidding! Alway snoozin'
Farm Life Is The Best Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment