Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Ducks

Handsome waterfowl
Or Duck...just one. Actually we have a young drake...at one point is a duck mature?

ANYWAY - once these dudes turned 6 or 7 months old I have noticed that Sheldon (duck) has gotten to be a little more assertive and has been bullying Leonard (goose) during their pool time. I didn't think much of it at the time, he's a duck....maybe he has something to prove.

Well, he hasn't let up and he continues to "wrestle" Lenny while they are in the pool. Enough is enough, so I did a little research. According to some forums that I landed on it seems that maybe Mr. Shelly has reached duck puberty. Oh great. Just what we need a duck who needs a cold shower.

I started looking at the Livestock Conservancy to get some information on our little Romeo and among other breed information here is what I found:
   
                                                   "The drakes have high libido"

Oh Fine...looks like we will add a few little girl ducklings for him so he'll leave Lenny alone.

Oh well, I want duck eggs anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment