Friday, September 16, 2016

Transition

This week I started to feel like things are starting to change. The mornings are cooler and the sun is coming up later and setting earlier. It's almost fall...

There are way too many tomatoes that need to ripen before the first frost...

September 11, 2016
This one plant has so many tomatoes on it...I'm excited! The one at  the bottom was the first that I spied a couple of months ago and I plucked it off the plant on Monday. We also ate it soon after I brought it in the house and washed it up and cut that baby open...it was very tasty!

It has been a while since we have grown anything bigger than a cherry tomato with success. One year the plants that we had planted near the Lavendar which now that I have looked should have been a good pairing, but the plants ended up very unhappy and we didn't have many tomatoes. Other plants, in the boxes did okay, but again, not terribly happy.

NOW in the hoop house they exploded and grew like crazy. I'm happy to see many of the fruit starting to turn. It's encouraging to think that there might be more than the ONE that I plucked a few days ago.


Here's to a nice harvest sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment