Friday, April 6, 2018

Things Just Got Real

OH.

MY.

GOODNESS.

What have I done?! Check it out...

Shopping cart
Product imageDescriptionQuantityPrice
Freedom Ranger - 07/03/2018
Freedom Ranger07/03/2018Pickup time: 12:00 PMDelivery: NoAdd Coccidiosis Vaccination: NoAdd S.E. (Salmonella Enteritidis) Vaccination : NoShipment Temperature Recorder (100°F +): NoShipment Temperature Recorder (50°F -): NoWithhold Marek's vaccination: No25$58.50
Cost summary
DescriptionPrice
Subtotal$58.50
ShippingFree
TotalUSD $58.50

Come July 3 we will be starting to raise our first real batch of meat chickens! This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while. However, now that I have actually placed the order - I'm only freaking out slightly. I mean I'm excited, but wow, 25 little chickies is a huge deal! I was worried about keeping 10 chicks alive...but 25?! AHHHHHH!!!!

I'm seriously feeling all the crazy feelings right now. For REAL!

The video that started off this whole grow your own food thing would be THIS video. We probably watched this a bazillion times just to get ourselves ready to do the little roos last September. Also, this video will be helpful to review when we do this batch of chickens HERE. Danelle is very thorough - she explains each step as she is processing the chicken.

The good thing is that we have a little bit of time to get all mentally prepared for this - is it just me? Maybe. Once I get over the shock that I actually have done this all will be well. Then it will be business as usual. The only difference is that these chickens will only be with us for 9-11 weeks. I'm sure that the time will go fast and that processing day will be long, but I think of all the food that we'll have in the freezer. From chicken to veggies (hope, hope) we'll be set for a while. That will be worth it!

We can and will do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment