Friday, July 3, 2020

My Latest Hobby

ICE CREAM making!

During the week I was off on vacation I think I made ice cream three times. Then last weekend I made two batches and then another batch this morning. That's a lot of milk and heavy cream being transformed into creamy goodness that Mr. Tom enjoys so much.

Here's the crazy thing, I am not a fan of ice cream. Every now and then I'll have some ice cream, but it's not my go to and when I do have ice cream, it's not a huge portion. I like my free scoop from Baskin Robins that I get for my birthday every year - our insurance company sends out free scoop birthday postcards every year - SCORE! I also will get a craving for some Jamoca Almond Fudge like ice cream from the store, but that's about it. 


I guess I'm making up for the last couple of years that I didn't get my Pampered Chef Ice Cream maker out of the cabinet, maybe once. That was it. I don't know why I thought to make ice cream, it is such a random thing for me. 

The whole process is fun, for me and I'm getting it figured out. The first couple were fairly basic, once with a trio of berries, the second with homemade vanilla and the third was chocolate. Now I'm just thinking of how I might do some fancy flavors or maybe just come up with some interesting things to mix in before freezing. Tom was thinking of ideas from Ben & Jerry's. That's fine and all, but I would rather just play around and figure out what works best for me and what we like rather than the commercial stuff that's out there. 

Since this is a three day weekend I might have to make another batch of frozen dairy goodness. There is still one pint's worth of heavy cream that I will create yet another yummy something, something. All I need to do is get some whole milk and some inspiration for an exciting new flavor.

Farm Life...make frozen treat goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment