Tuesday, October 18, 2016

We Didn't Ask...but We Received!

We were out on a walk after I got home from work yesterday and I didn't notice on our way out, but on the way back to our house, I noticed that one of the houses across the street had a major appliance out on the driveway and the sign on the front of it said...


Those particular neighbors were not home, but we decided that we should take it...the sign said so!! While Tom went to the house to get the pick-up, I walked a couple of houses down to our friends house and asked for a little he-man power from Mike.

Oh man...check this baby out...


I seriously don't know how much this would cost, but man...free is GOOD! It is a Kenmore Heavy Duty Commercial model and it's BIG!


I haven't had a freezer this big ever - well, my parents had a freezer probably a little smaller than this on AND a chest freezer. 

This thing is a blessing and the fact that we hadn't think to pray for this (yet) makes it even more of a validation of what we have in mind for the future of our hobby farm and the potential for raising chickens for meat. 

Man oh man oh man...the first chicken we butcher goes to the people who gave up this freezer!

Oh yeah...making connections through home grown food goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment