Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sunny Weekend...Whaaaat?

It's true, the wet soggy Pacific NW had SUN! Both Saturday and Sunday! 

Saturday was my Girl's Breakfast Club...that was my project for the day. I thought that I would do some stuff outside in the hoop house and the garden boxes, but not a lot happened. Actually, I did do some weeding,  but these two little goobers happened:


Seriously, these two are so cute and they don't venture far from either of us. This made for a short weeding session in the garden boxes. Which was fine, because this is what happened next:


Yep, it was easier to just sit in the grass with the boys and enjoy the sun! I don't know if this is a good thing or not, they just don't go too far from either of us and they LOVE to hang out close to me. Actually, Leonard (gosling) is more attached to me, Sheldon just follows his big brother (from another mother). I am concerned that they might not want to commune with the chickens when it comes down to it. Maybe we need to plop them into the brooder with the little ladies sometime soon.

I don't know though, these are the little ladies in their almost feathered state. They are older and the boys are only 13 days old...not terrible aggressive and quite needy. 


Overall, the weekend was good and our feathered friends all got some time outside in the sun. The forecast is calling for showers/rain/drizzle after tomorrow (Wednesday) so we'll have to at least get the little dudes out as much as possible. They will be missing their time out foraging in the yard.

Here are the boxes - 3 of them weeded and the one at the end is chock full of clover. Got out last night to get the Kale, Spinach, Mesclun and Romaine seeds sown. If I'm lucky the peas will go in tonight.


It was easier to plop these two in with the leeks while weeding. They were enjoying foraging the weeds in the box and then sunned themselves for a very short time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment