Wednesday, July 17, 2019

I Am Not Crazy

Whoa...where am I going with this...???

Okay, when I go through a seed catalog or look at websites that peddle seeds I am very specific about what I am looking for. So while I was looking at beans that I wanted to try out I found one called Tiger's Eye HERE. It is a bean that can be eaten while it is still tender or shelled later and stored. I liked the color and I liked that it was a bush variety. Not that I have something against pole type beans, but I have had a lot of luck with the bush variety of beans in the past couple of years.

Anyway...I popped these seeds into the ground while getting the big garden planted and was excited to see that most of the seeds germinated! A good thing since I don't know how much we'll yield from one plant. Anymore my motto is "more is better!"

This past weekend I was doing some weeding in the garden, because it was overdue and I looked at the beans and I saw LONG stems growing upwards. WHAT?! It was suprising to me because I thought for sure they were bush beans.

OH SNAP!

July 15, 2019
I didn't have the seed packet, but I knew that I had a few more leftover so the packet wasn't in the garbage. When I finally did find the packet I looked at the planting instructions which stated it would need a trellis/support.

SWELL...

Yesterday Tom went out to Lowe's via Wilco and came away with some T-Posts and some EMT to create the top bar of the trellis. Those were installed and once I arrived home I attached the remainder of the Roller Hooks that I ordered a couple of years ago, but only just recently started really using in the garden.


A better photo...


When you visit the Seed Savers website (as well as a couple of others) it states that this variety of bean is bush habit.

This is confirmation that I am not crazy!

Farm life - it is confusing...

No comments:

Post a Comment