Tuesday, July 9, 2019

M.I.A.

Okay...I've stayed away long enough! Not on purpose, just a little busy the past few weeks and feeling oh so tired a lot. Like A LOT! So, I decided that I'm going to post a little bit of something several times a week.

This past weekend we went to a local running shop and we both got ourselves some new running shoes!
New Balance 880 for me
New Balance 1080 for Tom
The last shoes that I had for three years were not that great. I didn't feel 100% comfortable and just felt like running was turning into a chore. So over the next couple of years with those shoes our running routine kept dwindling down until we weren't getting out early at all. 

The good thing is that the guy that helped us with our new shoes brought these out for me to try out and it was like the heavens opened up and the angels sang...for real! 

Okay, they felt REALLY good. There was a second pair that I didn't like as much and when I had one of each on I definitely knew that I had to go with the New Balance! Come to think of it, I don't even know what brand the other pair was. Oh well. 

While I was checking out my two pair of shoes, Tom had a stack of men's shoes that were his size just sitting there waiting to be tried on! So he did his own assessment while Fit Right Ron was helping me out. After a few pairs he settled on the New Balance as well. 

This is not my first pair of New Balance shoes. My first pair was from way back when I was starting to run a bit more and like it at the same time - imagine that. I just remember that pair being really stiff, but still fit well and allowed me to actually feel like a runner.

So for now we are just fitting in quick walk/runs in the early morning hours. Today was the second time out and it was GREAT! We did a kind of race thing (okay maybe I was racing in my mind). We did the same route, but in opposite directions. I wanted to figure out where we would pass each other on the route. I actually did alright and felt pretty good about my second time out after not getting out hardly at all for the past couple of years for sure.

Actually using my sport watch for more than just keeping time.
Anyway, this is what is on my mind today. I see that it is sprinkling out right now, so my outside time might be limited to just getting the pigs fed. THAT is now a chore that takes the both of us.

More on that tomorrow...

I promise not to disappear...for a while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment