Friday, August 17, 2018

Dear Diary...

A day in the life...
I am terrible with keep track of just about anything! Even when I was growing up I tried to keep a diary/journal of sorts, but it never really lasted that long.

This year, I think I did alright for a little while. Pretty early this year I did buy a new planner to keep track of our daily activities which included feed purchases. Now that I have looked at it I see that my journaling didn't really start until March and even then it was hit and miss, but I did record a few days each week. Even have receipts for the items that we needed to build the Stress Free Chicken Tractor. It looks like my last regular entries were toward the end of July, actually the 21st and 22nd of July.

That's it. Nothing more because...

I got myself a nifty spiral notebook that has a pretty pattern on it and thought I might use it for daily updates, sort of. I made some note in it for some projects that we had done. Also used it for taking notes at the Mother Earth News Fair. Then I thought I would try out listing the things I did daily. I think I might have gotten a couple of days done.

Yeah, I am REALLY bad at keeping records. Seriously, how do I get through the day?!

So as I think about this, I think I just need to get into the habit of hopping on here in the evening and just doing a quick entry to record the happenings and photos of the day. If I want to look back on when something was planted, harvested and anything else, I need to look in one place.

Even if it's brief at least it will be recorded! 

I guess I neglect this space because as you know...

Farm Life is the Best Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment