Friday, August 31, 2018

August 27 - 31, 2018

This week. Not the best week on a personal level.

From a medical fiasco to a death in the family - we have been kind of going through the motions where our farm is concerned. Maybe that's just me. I haven't been able to focus on much this week and while I have spent some time working outside, I found that I had very little joy in my heart this week.

What did happen around the farm?

Well, I harvested a few itty-bitty tomatoes called Mexico Midget:


Probably the cutest tomatoes I have ever seen! This was earlier in the week, I plucked some off the vine lastnight as well. Ate them right away too...SO GOOD!

The Freedom Rangers are now 7 weeks old and getting chubby! We have been able to pick up a chick here and there to get them used to be held and to show them that we aren't that bad.


So far, so good we end the week with 16. They are doing really well and they are crazy crazy! Four weeks from today we'll have the equipment ready to set up and get started bright and early on Saturday the 22nd. Can't wait!

Now we have another broody hen. She was pretty mad at me yesterday when I was collecting the eggs and she was sitting on all of them in one box. Seriously - a little scary.


This was last weekend when there were two broodies. The day after this they both went into jail and fortunately for them they only got one days as it started raining and they had no roof.

Since then the hen on the right has changed her attitude and possibly the one on the left. However, the current angry broody hen might be the same as above. We really don't know.

Tomorrow she is going back into jail. It might take a couple of days to break her, but  it's her own fault for thinking she can sit on eggs and get chickies. I've got news for you lady...no rooster!

This week hasn't been that fulfilling for me. I feel down on top of frustrated. At least this weekend isn't all full of activity. I won't feel bad about being a little lazy at some point over the next three days.

Even though my heart wasn't 100% into the farm this week, Farm life is still the best.

There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment